Data Protection Act – Client Consent
To enable us to act for you as our client, personal information will be required – This is held securely and shared only when strictly necessary. To comply with Data Protection Act (1998) Data Controller, Michael R. Hird (Data Protection Registration Z4997922) requests your permission to hold and process your information.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, Michael R. Hird is Data Controller
- Information is held in an electronically secure system managed only by Michael R. Hird; it is not on a shared system and will only be used and held for the defined purpose. Appropriate technical organisational measures are taken to protect the information
- Paper copies kept by Step-Up Finance are held in secure storage, with anti-theft protection, and only retained for a defined period of time, if legally required.
Permission to Store Your Information and Share with Finance Providers
You are providing your permission for Michael R. Hird t/a Step-Up Finance to hold and use supplied personal information that comprises Personal Data (as defined by the DPA) which, unless required to do so by law, is only shared with other third parties to assist in servicing the provision of finance. All your information and everything you tell us is treated confidentially.
Any third-party documents, or materials of any kind, containing information we identify as confidential information, or which relates to Our Business or affairs should also not be divulged by you.
Your Consent: “I/We give my/our consent to Michael R. Hird t/a Step-Up Finance to hold and/or share my/our confidential information for consulting a financial solution, and providing efficient Advice and Application for Finance”
Treating Our Customers Fairly
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative is primarily based on the obligation set out in Principle 6 requiring a Firm to pay due regard to the interests of its Clients and treat them fairly. Step-Up Finance already self-endorses a commitment to TCF therefore is fully committed to the application of the FCA’s core consumer outcomes whether a product is regulated or non-regulated and will act with integrity for our clients.
Step-Up Finance TCF Principles
- Customers will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed throughout: before, during and after product/solution consultation/advice
- If we give advice to our customers, the advice will be suitable and take account of their circumstances
- Our level of service and product performance will meet the expectations of our customers as far as reasonably possible
- We will ensure that there is no barrier for customers to express their requests, concerns or complaints, and will always be responsive to them
Michael R. Hird t/a Step-Up Finance of The Office at The Karingal, Shelfanger, Diss IP22 2DP is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – Financial Services Register Number 303044 can be checked by visiting FCA website https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Authorisation is for Advice and Recommendation of Regulated mortgage contracts and loans. The FCA does not regulate some investment mortgage contracts.
We abide by all Codes of Conduct including those placed by ourselves, we would not wish to think you have reason to be unhappy with our performance, however, should you have some dissatisfaction with our service, in the first instance, please speak with us using the enclosed numbers, or write to our enclosed address. If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Step-Up Finance is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. http://www.fscs.org.uk/ (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from your purchase. Advising and arranging is covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000. Further information about the compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.
Non-investment insurance products can be arranged from a limited range of providers. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on, however, you will not receive advice or recommendation from us and will need to make your own choice whether to proceed. There is no fee for this service – you will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy.